UHY James Mathew Chartered Accountants (UHY JMCA) is a force to reckon with in the professional services sector in the UAE. They don the role of business advisors and provide seamless services across myriad sectors and industries. Led by an established name among the peers Mr Mathew, over the years, the firm has established a strong network across the Emirates with offices located in Dubai and Fujairah; soon to have a presence in Abu Dhabi as well.
James Mathew is from Calicut, Kerala. He is a Chartered Accountant, presently the CEO & Managing Partner of UHY James Mathew Chartered Accountants, a leading member firm of UHY International accountancy network in UAE. Established in 1986 and based in London, UK, UHY is a leading network of independent accounting and consulting firms with offices in over 300 major business centres across 100 countries. Our staff members, over 8,200 strong, are proud to be part of the 16th largest international accounting and consul- tancy network.
UHY James Mathew Chartered Accountants
The firm, UHY JMCA is a force to reckon with in the professional services sector in the UAE. They don the role of business advisors and provide seamless services across myriad sectors and industries. Led by an established name among the peers Mr Mathew, over the years, the firm has established a strong network acrossthe Emirates with offices located in Dubai and Fujairah; soon to have a presence in Abu Dhabi as well. The firms’ canopy of services includes audit,corporate governance and riskconsulting, business setup, business advisory, feasibility studies, due diligence, valuations and management services, UHY JMCA is licensed by the Department of Economic Development, Government of Dubai. UHY JMCA has a staff strength of over 80 which includes Chartered Accountants, Auditors, Audit Consultants and Professional Consultants from various domains. Approximately 1500 clients belonging to various spheres
The CEO in focus
Mr James Mathew is a Charted Accountant from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) from Denver, Colorado, United States of America. Born to earnest parents Mr P. S. Mathai and Mrs.Thankamma Mathai in Calicut district of Kerala. At the age of 11, he left Calicut to head for a formal education from Sainik School in Trivandrum. After schooling,he went to St.Joseph’s College largest accounting network in the world, Crowe Global. James Mathew joined UHY International network recently.
He has held many key positions in important organizations
- Board Member of Crowe Global,headquartered in New York, US.
- James Mathew was honoured with the Master Vision International Excellence award 2017 in association with Jeevan TV.
- 2017 Brand Ambassador Award at the 9th Annual Leadership & Management Congress Week by Alleem Foundation, UAE.
- Recognized among World’s Greatest Leaders 2016-17 by Asia One & URS Media Publications.
- Awarded NRI Excellence Award in Financial Consultancy and Excellence by Kairali TV, Malayalam Communications Ltd. India in March 2016.
- Served as Secretary-General of Indian Business and Professional Council, Dubai (the Year 2015-17).
- Awarde for “Leadership Excellence” by the World Malayalee Council in 2015.
- James Mathew was shortlisted as one of the ‘Super 100’ Business Leaders in the Middle East and Africa region
Devagiri, Kozhikode and took his degree in Mathematics.During his days as a residential school student, he spent endless hours on the athletic track. James Mathew’s sporting records have not been broken in 100, 200 and 400-meter races even today.
James Mathew was also good at studies, particularly excellent in Mathematics. His passion for numbers led him to score 100% in Mathematics throughout college. Mr James Mathew moved to Dubai in the year 1992 and started working as a Senior Auditor for Mahendra Asher & Co. (UAE) where he practised till 1996. In 1996, Mr Mathew joined the team of Crowe Mak and grew to the helm of affairs by becoming the Group CEO of Crowe in UAE & Oman. He was elected twice to the Global Board of the eighth
- Elected Chairman of Dubai Chapter – Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). During his tenure, Dubai Chapter was adjudged “The Best Overseas Chapter” of ICAI – 2013.
- Adjudged as one of the most Successful Non-Resident Indians from the State of Kerala by the “Dhanam Publications” in March 2011.
- Appointed to the Board of Assessors of the prestigious Mohamm- ed Bin Rashid Business Award in 2006.
- Elected General Secretary of the board of Dubai Quality Group (2004 – 2008).
He is an active contributor to the UAE’s diverse business and professional community through participation in various social and cultural forums and organizations.
He is married to Mrs Bindu James, a full-time supporter of the professional as well as business initiatives of her husband. They treasure a beautiful family blessed with two daughters